I never once listened when people told me I couldn't do it. Doubted me. Ignored the truth of my talent or even the person I am-Paul
In middle of this crazy, fast moving world I stumbled upon rising superstar named Paul Travis. Researching and following him on various social outlets I have grown to be a huge fan. Inspired by his words I became thrilled he was willing to do this interview. If you truly listen you'll see something special inside his free spirit, like many of us have.
He set sail as a young man to conquer his dreams. Performing in Broadway as a young starlet (Yes, we call girls that, but I can't help that he's glamorous) putting his soul into songs, doing the impossible by making poetry a hit once again, and now patiently waiting to get his debut novel into the hands of the public, along with his series of the upcoming franchise. I am honored to have the chance to do this interview and ask him questions I want answers for. Please welcome, the one, the only, Paul Travis...
1. From reading Who I Am: Poetry I grasped old cast members were not a fan of you...why? Did you have diva behavior? Was it chemistry? And why'd you use a stage name?
At first I wouldn't have known but looking back it's simple, they were jealous. How vage and ignorant that may sound it's true. I was new, and instantly became the directors favorite. I went from the bottom to the top. Being casted as lead in a New York City Production only in year 2, and being 15 years old is major when half of the cast were older. At first I hadn't one ounce of negativity towards anyone, but after I of course had diva type behavior to a majority of them. I respect people as long as they treat me nicely. I was number one in the director eyes and they deserved to be shown after their cruel intentions. I always got my way. Shucks. I used a stage name because I was unsure of my own identity. I had to discover myself and in the meantime it was fun to step outside of what I knew to learn new things. Plus, I wanted to keep it a secret.
2. Who I Am: Poetry put you on the map. You have been called the one to watch, the rising star and the next in line for the new generation. How does that make you feel?
Very grateful. Given I left everything I knew behind to start over. I went on a spiritual journey to begin a healthier, happier, and fulfilling life. After my studies it all came together. I am so blessed to have the support of God, my amazing boyfriend, friends, family and fans, whom I consider family as well!
3. You have quite a story. Is there a future memoir we could be expecting?
Yeah. Of course. I already have been working on it for 3 years now. I have two areas done, just waiting for the final piece before I can consider this being a main project.
4. How is the editing coming along with the novel? Do you have potential agents? And the title, what does it mean to you?
Just spoke to my personal editor not too long ago about it. And she said it's really, really good and finally ready for me! So yay! I have 5 agents lined up! So grateful for that! And the title is so personal, so true and I can't wait to share it!
5. You've been working on the sequel, how is that?
It's honestly excitingly amazing! Since I wrote the first I have come a long way as a writer and a person. It reflects in my main character and my words. Pretty pumped!
6. You have worked on music, but what happened? Are you still writing music? Singing? Do we have a future on this project?
My heart wasn't set in stone on the project. Too generic. I want something big, glamours and dramatic. Of course I am always writing! I have recorded since I put the project on hold! Writing is forever my career and first priority, but we will see where I venture off to!
7. Since opening yourself to the public what is one thing you have learned because of it?
I learned to love myself as me, still have my days, but thanks to you all and my writing I am reminded of it!
8. Your feedback has been nothing but positive? How does that make you feel?
It makes me so cheerful! I am very glad people are connecting with me! That is why I do what I do! I want to inspire, connect and help lead hearts!
9. With the busy life you have how do you keep your relationship alive?
Actually, I am very blessed to have a man that follows as I do him! We are always together and if we are apart it is only for like a day or two depending on our work. I would be lost without him!
10. To those who have hurt you, do you have words?
Thank you. I have forgiven them and was able to realize a lot about myself that if it weren't for those hardships I wouldn't have.
11. What are the hardest thing in your writing career?
Getting everyone to realize this isn't a joke. I am not your typical guy who works a 9 to 5, but so many people kept looking over it and just acting like I am talking gibberish. I'm like, excuse me? This isn't a joke. This is all I am. Realistic mindsets don't understand the dreamers, but it's not their job, it's ours to understand us! So, either way I knew, but it was a bit annoying having to repeat myself a couple times.
12. You're so passionate. Where does it come from?
Life. Love. Darkness. Scandal. The life I have once lived, and the one I am living. It's a burning fire inside that is powerful! But, I mainly get it from God. I was blessed with my gift and I knew oneway or another I will be heard!
13. When told you are an overconfident guy? What is your thought?
I hope they learn to find it within theirselves, and learn better observing skills because I am a very humble guy. I have walked all ends of life since I was young and I feel so much older than I am. There is more love always so I keep on following it!
14. When the going gets tough what do you do?
I let go of all control and I put my utmost trust, faith, love and everything into the universe. Everything always works out in the end for me!
15. You seemed to have a seductive power over men back in your teenage years? Where'd you learn it? How were you able to conquer something so young?
I guess it was my way to get revenge over a tragic childhood moment I had to face, and it helped! But when you burn fire with fire it only gets bigger. Thankfully my family was able to save me, because once they found out the dangerous rode I was secretly living on they took care of it quickly. I was always a tease to guys, but never gave them what they wanted. My first is my boyfriend and he will be my only.
16. It takes such courage to share your own personal story through your work. Where did you find the courage?
It is just there. Again, it's inside my gift.
17. What is one thing you are looking forward too?
Everything! I can't pick just one! I am so blessed for everything coming!
Sit tight. Brace yourself for the road ahead as we get ready for the Paul Travis takeover. I am a journalism student. My name is Kasey Haullens. I had a task to locate a rising star, and I found Paul! He was so kind and willing to help me! Got an A on the paper, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share my work with you! Thanks for reading my guest post and I hope I will be able to return! Much love to you Paul, and I know you're going to blow minds, touch hearts and change lives! A fierce, sassy, strong, passionate, loyal, outspoken, fearless, scandalous and amazing man like yourself deserves all the love in the world.
As of September 2016 This Blog Turned Into Weekly Highlights For Paul Travis. All Posts Are Made By A Team Member.