Be proud of all the things that make you different- Lea Michele
I can remember my first guy crush as a first grader and that intense feeling tingling at my heart. Yet those sounds of voices pleading of how such love isn't allowed, it's a choice and unnatural haunted me. In this post I am going to use a female artist named Lana Del Ray to help bring this post to life. The story she shares through her lyrics touches me so deeply and she is my all time favorite artist. I can relate by putting her lyrics into my own perspective, which will help you guys with this weeks advice questions.
Thanks to Lana Daily for supplying me with these wonderful photos. This is the most personal I have ever been on this topic. The quotes after the questions are representation of the situations within me. Yes, the world has changed and things are getting better, still the right for everyone to love is a battle worth fighting for. I start of this post with a lyric that really defines me entering my journey:
1. I can't find love. It hurts. I dream of it. I always have. Growing up I had no one. I was bullied and I became closed in due to sexuality. It took a long time to even talk to someone and overtime as I am with someone I become cold. How can I open myself to what I have always dreamed and remove the fear of being hurt? From reading your work I know you found love, and have had a share of heartbreaks. I thought I could reach out.
2. I like older men. I try to talk myself out of it, but I can't help it. Younger guys, boy, they don't cut it. I need to be pampered. Cared for and just loved. They really know how to love me. I can't talk to anyone about these issues, they would judge me. Am I wrong?
3. I am of age and I was harassed by a man. I told him no many times and when I reached out no one believed me because I was a guy. It's like really? I'm a huge fan of your work and I wanted to reach out for your insight.
4. I am so clingy. Like too clingy. I'm straight forward and no guy wants that. I get called crazy, annoying and over the top. I can't change myself. It's not possible, because I have tried but it doesn't feel right. What can I do?
5. I live in fear. Fear of love, judgement and life. I don't want to be killed or shunned for the person I am. Or feel like people are watching and laughing. I've seen what has happened to people like me. Where do you get that radiating confidence from? I admire that quality in you.
6. Where do you find your ability to carry on when times are tough? Or your heart is broken and people are judging, or mocking you because of your dream? I want so bad to be a painter and I keep hitting dead ends.
Thankfully same-sex couples are now allowed to get married and acceptance has grown. Reading this post you see how many of us aren't different, and we face similar situations. So, why hate and hurt someone?
The world is changing around us, and so many homosexual men, women and transgender people took or lost their lives fighting a battle to love, and be loved. Even though times have changed my mind and heart randomly feels alone, and sad even though nothing is wrong. The aftermath is far worst than the actual event. It gets better once you take your first step of healing. People don't need to understand who you are, if you do, then it is okay. People will be mean and act like they did nothing wrong. Move on. Don't allow them to keep that control.
Lessons are brought to us every single day and every day it gets easier. If someone told me that 5 years ago I would shake my head yes and not understand, but now living through it believe me when I say this, it does. I have so much to share that a blog won't cut it. Years down the road on my journey who knows what craft I'll release to open up even more and share with you guys like you have me. I learn something new about myself and you everyday. Be proud of who you are and embrace yourself. Don't let the past define you, don't let the future scare you, just live in the present so you can be free and believe all good is awaiting you, because it is.
Life is so unexpected, agree? It's our never ending movie with twists & turns. Those cameras around focus so deeply that at times become so intense you wish you could escape. Images flash as memories trapped never fade. You struggle for a single breath of fresh air, hope for new light to vanish away the darkness or maybe ignite a spark to help see your goal. I am beyond grateful to share that fans sent a tremendous amount of support wanting me to help guide them to a better successful life! This is the podcast page and blog for Paul's Advice On All Things Life.
Please read the disclaimer stating I am in no way responsible for any adverse effects and this is informational only: Terms & Conditions