As the seasons' change and the adventures of life unfold we never know what’s awaiting us around the corner. It is up to us to try and make the best of what it is exactly. As I write this the birds are singing and beginning their day as I am doing the same. Before we begin I would like to say I hope all of you are staying safe both mentally, spiritually, and physically during today's climate. It has been over a year since I wrote a post on here—for a good reason of course. I wanted to fill you all in on everything while hoping to give a message of hope during such times. If interested just keep on reading.
The posts that will be coming out will be different from what most are used to reading, some will stay in the same vein but I am really going to be digging deeper and sharing more insights on things that I never have shared before about my life, lessons and advice—I might even begin to share short fictional stories again plus poems. I am already an honest, mouthy and sassy person who doesn’t hold back in general. This new season coming out in 2021 is going to be no different.
People often ask me if I still write while I know no harm is at play with such a question. I at first get a dumbfounded look on my face and wonder if I should respond because, to be honest, I’m a very humble guy and usually don’t bring it up in conversations depending on the tone of how it’s asked—if it’s from a nice place then yes of course but if I get an off-putting vibe I tend to keep it brief. It’s very complicated to explain because I actually have a lot of changes going on but nothing has changed for my goals because I am evolving and I've been doing this a long time.
One major change is if you have been following my social media you may have read my boyfriend and I are moving into a bigger place. It was a full renovation and remodel from top to bottom. It started before COVID-19 but once that hit, well you know, a lot changed and things were put on hold for months. We have some final touches to go before we can officially move in. I never realized how long this would take but the wait is worth it because this is a dream house for me. My boyfriend has been working so hard on it and I’m very proud of all his hard work—most importantly I’m grateful I get to share it with him. I am looking forward to inviting family and friends over to celebrate.
Being away from my workspace really threw me off so I knew it was time to take a step back to unwind, have fun with my family—ones I could have fun with—friends and try something new while I wait for everything to fall into place. While COVID-19 was a killer and is an awful time I have to admit I do come from a very close family but during this time I’ve become so much closer. For that, I’m grateful.
Let me give a quick summary of things I’m still and haven’t stopped working on:
1. My manuscript. Everyone knows writing takes awhile and I’m in no rush because life isn’t a race. It’s about taking in the moments and enjoying the journey as it unfolds. BELIEVE ME that was a hard lesson to learn because I can be a Type-A personality but I learned to let go and be present for all the blessings life gives me every day. With a non-fiction book in the works and also a fiction series my writing plate is very full. I still also write for Psych2Go and have freelance lifestyle articles on outlets around the web with more to come soon!
2. Everyone knows how I feel about my music, I do it for fun and I get VERY shy when it’s released. I always had mixed reviews on it but I technically don’t do it for approval. I do it because The Real Housewives put out songs and that is where I garner my inspiration for doing it. I find it fun and I laugh while making it because it’s a hobby of mine. It’s a different form of writing for me. With that being said, yes, I am still working on my music. My second music project is still called ‘Shades Of Pink.’ I’m in no rush with that either but I can say everything is improving for me and I am learning a lot about music. So, we shall see what’s to come. The music I've shared with people they actually liked it so that's a good sign.
3. In late 2018 after the unexpected passing of my Gram I was accepted to become an Amazon influencer and can have my own storefront plus many other perks. I’ve been taking my time putting it together because it’s going to be a big part of my blog. I can finally say in mid-2021 I will launch my storefront where I will share product recommendations for all types of things, help with gift ideas and ways to treat yourself the way I do…and so much more. Once it’s fully launched I will be updating it frequently and giving it my focus.
4. Blogging. Hello? I’ve worked so hard to build this blog from nothing and I’m beyond excited for the new season to come in 2021. We’ve been working on new designs to give it a more modern look and to spice it up. This blog is my main portal to connect and share my journey on another level with my readers. God forbid social media ever fizzles out at least I have my blog. The posts that will be coming out will be different from what most are used to reading, some will stay in the same vein but I am going to be digging deeper and sharing more insights on things that I never have shared before about my life, lessons and advice—I might even begin to share short fictional stories again plus poems. I am already an honest, mouthy and sassy person who doesn’t hold back in general hence why I might find myself pissing people off at times but I keep it real. Haters are going to hate and I just love, love , love. That line is taken from Teresa Giudice thought it fit nicely in this. This new season coming out in 2021 is going to be no different. I kept quiet and I am not holding back any longer. I don’t negatively mean that either because I am not a person who likes to hurt others. I mean I am going to be sharing good and bad depending on the topic of choice I want to discuss and I will share why certain things occurred from my perspective.
5. I’ve been doing a lot of self-care. Taking care of my skin. My mental health. My boyfriend and I celebrated 7 years together in October. I will write a post about that adventure in a different space. We went to the beach with his brother, his brother's wife, and their son—our nephew. He was the highlight of the trip. I’ll share more details of that trip at a later date. Taking care of yourself and setting boundaries with your life is such an important subject to discuss which I will be doing in the future, too.
So, I hope that put to rest some of the rumors I've been hearing and reading. Never forget I live life on my terms and nobody can tell me anything. I'm still alive and well, thank God. Living my life and I'm not slowing down...anytime soon. 2020 took our lives and flipped it around. Never in a million years did I think this would be our world but God is here protecting us—or whomever you find comfort in spiritually—I say God because that is how I was raised and how I connect with my spiritual being. As I said above, seasons change, and I know in my heart this will pass and we as people will become stronger, smarter, and appreciate everything we had before and everything we will have after. If you are struggling, you are in my heart and my prayers. Hang in there. You got this. You are loved. You are cherished. There is no other like you on this earth and that is why you are here. You, your family, friends and anyone else you know will survive this. Why? Because you are warriors. Don’t ever forget it.
With much love,
Here's a sneak peek at some new edits we've been working on behind the scenes to bring a fresh look to the blog. Enjoy. You guys know where to find me if you want to send me questions, write comments and anything else you need. Stay cute!
Be sure to follow more of my journey on the media!
What's My Blog About?
Life, advice, beauty, style and of course all things fabulous.
Sassy, Fun, Creative & A Bit Dramatic // Follow Me On My Journey. Stay Cute, xo